We are the host range for Armed Women of America – Kershaw County, SC Chapter. Armed Women of America is a 501(c)3 with approximately 13,000 members in 330+ chapters in 46 states. The Kershaw County Chapter is a local group of women that meet monthly to practice, learn and grow as shooters. Creating opportunities for women to be introduced to issues important to women shooters, learn safe gun handling skills and train together.
Interested women are welcome to attend one meeting prior to joining, but are not allowed to participate in shooting activities for insurance reasons. (Memberships are handled at the national level.)
We typically meet the 3rd Saturday of the month at 9 AM here at the range, but PLEASE double-check upcoming meetings on the range calendar.
- Access to monthly meetings led by a certified instructor (that’s only $6.25 per meeting!)
- A New Member Welcome Gift
- Armed Women of America Member Card
- Savings and discounts to chapter members at national and local ranges/stores and resources (these will vary with each chapter and with the local opportunities)
Membership fees collected help cover chapter expenses, events, and sponsorship for women needing financial assistance. Those interested in joining are welcome to attend their first meeting prior to signing up. Memberships run one year from the date of purchase.
Armed Women of America exists to enable women to be their own self-protectors, creating freedom, peace of mind, and confidence in themselves.
- Educating women on firearm safety, gun care, and handling
- Developing gun-handling skills
- Building defensive gun skills and awareness
- Developing confidence
- Networking with women of like interests
- Meeting new people/socializing
Who can join AWA?
- Women 18 years or older (in South Carolina & a few other states – 21+ in all others) of all experience levels (14+ if the parent is also a member and in attendance)
- Women who are just getting started with buying, shooting, and caring for firearms, and want to learn in a comfortable environment
- Women who have some level of experience and want to advance their skills
- Women who want to share their knowledge and expertise to help other women
- Women who want to have some fun and enjoy learning and shooting in the company of other women