The class is held, rain or shine, at Sandhill Shooting Sports 25 Mesa Lane, Lugoff, SC 29078. Here is a Google Map to the location. https://goo.gl/maps/JZ6qB Please note: Apple/iPhone maps do not take you far enough down Mesa Lane…keep going over the hill if you are using Apple/iPhone navigation. We ARE NOT in the large tan building at the top of the hill.
Class starts at 8 AM and goes until it’s finished – generally around 6 PM for the whole class, but can go longer depending on class size and average shooter experience of the class. If you are exempt from the firearms proficiency portion of class, you have the option to take the written test at lunch and opt-out of sitting in on the afternoon portion of the class. If you plan on attempting the test at lunch, please notify the instructor when you check-in. All students must pass the 50-question written exam.
The firearms qualification portion of this course is held outdoors. Please dress weather appropriate on class day. Bring appropriate outerwear during colder weather and sunscreen during warmer weather.
Open-toed shoes and low cut necklines are not allowed on the firing line for males or females. Please wear a shirt where the neckline touches your collar bone.
Lunch break will be approximately 30-45 minutes and is on your own. Please bring a bag lunch or you can purchase lunch nearby in Lugoff.
Two completed fingerprint cards and all necessary forms required by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) to apply for your CWP are included with the class fee. If you have the ability to stop by the range prior to the class, please do so we can get your fingerprint cards done ahead of time. That will save a little bit of class time. It takes about 10 minutes. Call ahead to make sure an instructor is available to take your prints. You also have the option to make an appointment with IdentoGo to have your fingerprints done electronically and pay your SLED fee at one of their locations across the state. You can get more information on the IdentoGo process at https://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.html#newrenew
If you are choosing to use IdentoGo, please let us know so we know not to print your fingerprint cards.
Be sure to bring your South Carolina DL/ID!
If you are taking the firearms portion of the class, be sure to bring:
- A ball cap or visor is recommended.
- Hearing & eye protection. If you do not have it, you can purchase or rent from the range.
- A concealable handgun. (Concealable handgun as defined by South Carolina law is a handgun LESS THAN 12″ overall length.) If you do not have an appropriate handgun, please make arrangements with us IN ADVANCE to ensure one is available to you for your use during firing qualification. No single action revolvers for this course.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of FACTORY ammunition for your firearm is required. NO HAND LOADED ammunition allowed for this course. Ammunition for most common calibers is available for purchase at the range.
- A non-collapsible holster for your handgun (if you have your own gun). The holster MUST be ON THE WAIST on your strong side (i.e. right side if right-handed). We do not allow appendix, small of the back, shoulder, ankle holsters, etc. for this class and the mouth of the holster must stay open when the pistol is removed. If you are renting a gun from us, we will provide you with a holster.
- Extra magazines for your pistol if you have them. (Having extra magazines helps the range portion of class go faster.)
- Wear a sturdy belt that will support the weight of your holster and handgun. Even if you rent a gun from us, you need to wear a belt.
If you have any questions, please contact the instructor at (803) 310-7977 or email@example.com. See you at the class!