There are very few training exercises for the private citizen that focus on making lethal, less than lethal, and non-lethal decisions quickly. Image Based Decisional Drills are intended to fill the gap in learning how to make decisions using images to provoke a response, decide which TOOL to use, then ACT on that decision. From the time a bad guy chooses you, you will have a very limited amount of time to make a decision. THEY choose how and when. Your actions need to be confident, quick, and decisive.
The Image Based Decisional Drills class stems from the Image Based Decisional Drills learning system. This class offers personal guides to help strengthen your decision process, diagnose what’s happening, and make the correction. With the use of an interactive presentation and a “hands on” prop table, we will guide you to good decisions and then encourage you to PRACTICE THOSE DECISIONS!
Are you a good witness? What is your moral compass? Do you have altered perceptions? What is your arousal level and at what point can you work through the adrenaline rush and confusion?
We will crawl, walk, run, and then sprint with quick cognitive stacking of decisions and tool cycling.
Image Based Decisional Drills will help teach you to you assess the situation using a mental simulation for a plausible course of action, allowing you to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the strategies in the content of the scenario. You may experience altered perceptions, like auditory exclusion, stalling, embellishment, and more.
As your own first responder, you are responsible for a wide array of skill sets. Seeing, recognizing, and believing danger is the first task. Having a plan for avoidance, deselection, and escalation are next. The first time you have to use verbal commands, put an object between you and another person, deal with a nuisance, identify a possible threat in the dark, or use non-lethal or lethal force should NOT be when your safety is on the line. You MUST practice all of these skills ahead of time.
- Visual cueing, pre-need decision making, tool cycling, distance management, and strategy changes that can be practiced on or off the range.
- Pressure testing under realistic time constraints with feedback for improvement.
- IBDD can be beneficial ON or OFF the range. The actual mechanics of shooting can be practiced separately while the IBDD drills will help with tool handling and selection, therefore a plastic trainer, or SIRT training pistol is a suitable substitute.
- When you work in a group you not only get the experience of your own scenario but you get to mentally work through theirs as well.
- We use SIRTs (laser training pistol) for immediate feedback.
All levels of experience are welcome. The benefits are the same for everybody. The more experience you have, the more “tools” can be introduced.
This NOT a combatives class or close quarters class.
NO LIVE OC/PEPPER SPRAY EXPOSURE. NO LIVE FIREARMS.
Mini Class (approximately 4 hours) Price: $59
10% off for Range Members & AWA Members
Ages 13 & up welcome to register. Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered for the class.
Sunday, October 22, 2024
1 PM – 5 PM
Have a group of at least 6 and want a private class? Contact me to set up date & time.