Saturday, February 23, 2019
Do you have your CWP, but haven’t done any other training since your CWP class?
Do you go to the shooting range and stand still, shooting at a single paper or cardboard target?
This course helps take you to the next level as a daily conceal carrier.
Class starts at 8 AM & will last approximately 6 hours
Class size minimum: 3 students
Class maximum: 6 students
Prerequisite: Current South Carolina CWP holder (or recently completed CWP course w/ proof of completion) or law enforcement. You must upload a copy of your CWP below during registration.
This course will cover:
- Review of safety rules
- Pistol selection
- Concealed carry options
- Drawing from concealment
- Malfunction drills
- Defensive marksmanship
- Shooting from/around a vehicle
A large portion of this course is held outdoors, so wear weather appropriate attire. Participants should bring 200 rounds of ammunition for their pistol as well as their own holster appropriate for their concealed carry pistol. STRONG SIDE OR APPENDIX CARRY ONLY FOR THIS COURSE. Eye and ear protection is required to be worn during live fire drills. Electronic hearing protection is recommended to make hearing range commands easier. A ball cap is strongly recommended. Participants will be shooting on the move, kneeling, from the back and prone.
- Semi-automatic pistol or revolver suitable for concealed carry – minimum .380/.38 caliber – YOUR daily carry is suggested
- AT LEAST 2 magazines/speed loaders for your firearm (3 or more is better)
- Strong side or appendix carry holster for your firearm that covers the trigger guard
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Eye protection
- Ball cap (hat with a brim)
- Sunscreen (yes, even in February)
- Folding chair
- Magazine loader
- Magazine pouch/holster
- Rain gear, if there is a possibility of rain – this course will happen rain or shine or snow