October 7, 2023
Do you have your CWP, but haven’t done any other training since your CWP class?
Do you go to the shooting range and shoot at the same target?
This course helps take you to the next level as a daily conceal carrier.
Time: 8 AM – 6 PM
Cost: $125 (members, contact the range for 10% off discount code)
Class maximum: 8 students
Prerequisite: Current South Carolina CWP holder (or proof of other basic pistol course)
This class is NOT designed to teach you how to shoot. You should already have basic marksmanship skills.
This course will cover:
- Review of safety rules
- Carry Modes & Pistol Concealment
- Drawing from concealment
- Loading and stoppage remediation (malfunctions)
- Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
- Live Fire Drills and Qualification
The live-fire portion of this course is held outdoors, so wear weather-appropriate attire. Participants will be shooting on the move and from a variety of positions.
- Semi-automatic pistol or revolver suitable for concealed carry – minimum .380/.38 caliber – YOUR daily carry is suggested
- AT LEAST 3 magazines/speed loaders for your firearm (more is better)
- 200 rounds of ammo for your pistol (If you need ammo for this class, PLEASE contact us ASAP so we can get you in on our next ammo order.)
- Strongside, on the waist, non-collapsible holster for your firearm that covers the trigger guard (When worn, the holster MUST stay open on its own after the firearm is removed. NO SERPA HOLSTERS.)
- Do you purse/off-body carry? CONTACT the INSTRUCTOR to discuss.
- STURDY belt
- Weather appropriate clothing (no tank tops, v-neck or low-cut tops; no open-toe shoes)
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Eye protection
- BRING YOUR LUNCH
- BRING WATER
- Ball cap (hat with a brim)
- Folding chair
- Magazine loader/speed loader
- Magazine pouch/holster
- Rain gear, if there is a possibility of rain – this course will happen rain or shine or snow
Students will receive Basics of Pistol Shooting & Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home handbooks.