This series of classes is designed as the next step after your state mandated carry class (CWP/CCW) and have been broken down into chunks so you do not have to spend 2 days on the range for an advanced course.
Basic Carry Concepts 1 will cover:
- Holsters – types, where & how to carry, concealing effectively
- Basic draw – concealed vs. open
- Types of draw based on situation
- When, where, & why you reholster
Basic Carry Concepts 2 will cover:
- Threat assessment
- Geometry of self-defense
- Cover & concealment
Prerequisites for Basic Carry Concepts 1: Concealed Carry or carry permit from another state
Prerequisites for Basic Carry Concepts 2: Basic Carry Concepts 1
- Modern, functional, safe semi-automatic or double-action revolver
- At least 2 magazines for semi-automatic pistol or 2 speed loaders for revolver – more is better
- Hearing & eye protection (electronic hearing protection is best for class situations & sunglasses with ANSI Z87+ rating are recommended)
- A quality holster that stays open on its own after the pistol has been removed from the holster
- Sturdy belt that will support the full weight of your fully loaded pistol in the holster
- Ball cap/boonie hat/visor
- Weather-appropriate clothing – NO TANK TOPS OR LOW CUT TOPS for men or women, shirt collar should touch the bottom of the collarbone
- Close-toed shoes – athletic shoes, hiking shoes, etc.
- Hydration (NOT energy drinks or caffeinated beverages) – drinks are available at the range, but running back and forth to the building to purchase could mean missing valuable learning time
- Range bag
- Cover garment (additional button-up shirt or jacket)
- Appropriate ammunition for your pistol (minimum 150 rounds per course)
HIGHLY recommended equipment:
- Bandana, shemagh, hand towel, etc. for wiping sweat & hands
- Note taking material
- Folding chair/camp chair
- Speed loader/UpLula
- We suggest you bring a lunch so we can keep the lunch break short & get off the range a little sooner
Weather policy: We shoot rain or shine unless there is sustained lightning in the area (within 10 miles of the range). If conditions exist that would necessitate cancellation or postponement of the class, we will contact you at the phone number you provide during registration. BRING WEATHER APPROPRIATE CLOTHING, including a raincoat if conditions dictate.
Basic Carry Concepts 1: Saturday, July 30, 2022 (8 AM – 2 PM)
Basic Carry Concepts 2: Sunday, July 31, 2022 (8 AM – 2 PM)
Time: 8 AM – 2 PM
Price: $125 for each session (10% discount for members – email the range for discount code)
Multiple class discount – Register for more than 1 session and get $10 off each class (including Carbine Concepts)! All must be in your cart at check-out to receive the discount.
Class size is limited. Payment is required when you register to secure your spot in class. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations less than 1 week prior to class date. Class Refund & Cancellation Policy.