This course is designed to take you to the next step after AR-15 Basics.
This course will cover:
- Knowing your rifle – what accessories do you need & why
- Modes of carry
- How distance affects use
- Adaptability – in home defense vs public vs recreation
- AR-15 platform rifle (or AR pistol w/ brace) with front & rear sights or optic
- At least 2 magazines – more is better
- Hearing & eye protection (electronic hearing protection is best for class situations & sunglasses with ANSI Z87+ rating are recommended)
- Ball cap/boonie hat/visor
- Weather-appropriate clothing – NO TANK TOPS OR LOW CUT TOPS for men or women, shirt collar should touch the bottom of the collarbone
- Close-toed shoes – athletic shoes, hiking shoes, etc.
- Hydration (NOT energy drinks or caffeinated beverages) – drinks are available at the range, but running back and forth to the building to purchase could mean missing valuable learning time
- Range bag
- Appropriate ammunition for your rifle (minimum 150 rounds per session)
HIGHLY recommended equipment:
- Bandana, shemagh, hand towel, etc. for wiping sweat & hands
- Note taking material
- Folding chair/camp chair
We shoot rain or s,hine unless there is sustained lightning in the area (within 10 miles of the range). If conditions exist that would necessitate cancellation or postponement of the class, we will contact you at the phone number you provide during registration. BRING WEATHER APPROPRIATE CLOTHING, including a raincoat if conditions dictate.
Carbine Concepts 1: Saturday, August 6, 2022
Carbine Concepts 2: Sunday, August 7, 2022
Time: 8 AM – 2 PM
Price: $125 each session (10% discount for members – email the range for discount code)
Multiple class discount – Register for more than 1 session and get $10 off each class (including Carbine Concepts)! All must be in your cart at check-out to receive the discount.
Class size is limited. Payment is required when you register to secure your spot in class. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations less than 1 week prior to class date. Class Refund & Cancellation Policy.