This is a basic introduction to the AR-15 platform rifle. You’ll learn how to competently handle, operate and shoot the AR-15.
The course includes:
- A brief history and background of the AR-15 rifle and its variants
- Component parts
- Operation/function of the AR-15
- Proper cleaning/care
- Stoppages/malfunctions and solutions
- Understanding your sight system
- Understanding what “zeroing” your AR-15 means
- 25 yard sight zeroing
- 50 & 100 yard shots to verify zeroing
- Immediate Action drills for rifle stoppages/malfunctions
- Shooting from various positions
Class size limited to 12 students.
Cost: $100 ($90 for members)
Saturday, February 4, 2017
8 AM – 5 PM
Register below or in person at the range.
Lunch (Local restaurants are available nearby)
Eye and ear protection and a ball cap
200 rounds ammo
AR-15 – If you don’t have one, please contact us prior to the class, as we may have a loaner for you to use.
Class sizes are limited, and payment is required in advance to secure your seat. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations less than 1 week prior to class date.